Group Details Private
Digital Nomads 🏝
A group for anyone working on their own.
RE: Anyone else interested in Human Performance Innovation, Design & Engineering
@ali____mac Hi Ali, that's really interesting background. I haven't heard of the perfomance triad - is that some sort of theory?
Important Update: We're Moving to Invite Only
Since launching this community side of Prototypr last month, we've had nearly 1,000 people register, well 827 at the time of writing this And this has been so much to manage and moderate for me as an indie creator!
With that, it has become necessary to slow down the growth of the forum, and improve the quality by making this area invite only.
Why invite only?
Going into the new year, I've found it necessary to take a step back and prioritise projects in a way that will enable better growth in terms of providing better service and keeping things sustainable.
I had to think about which projects are most fruitful, or which are a hard slog. The ones which produce high impact, with minimal effort should be prioritised. Here is a prioritisation grid I made on my window:
As you can see, I must focus on:
- Delivering the Prototypr weekly newsletter
- Creating some plugins that can generate revenue
- Work on UI Sounds project
Ultimately, income is important too, so I also made a table that shows the revenue potential of each project to help prioritise:
From that, I've been working from a roadmap and writing regular updates on my own process. I'll think about how I can start making that content public too:
What's next for Prototypr Makerspace
I'm going to leave this forum open for people who have any questions and have both provided and found a lot of value here. I'll continue to check in once a week at least, and will also be using it to blog my own projects.
- Make this community invite only
- Replace the announcement message about introducing yourself with a link to this post.
- Continue using and sharing in the forum
- Enable existing users to invite people
- Invite plugin developers, and people in design industry who are creating their own products
This should only take a couple hours, and I'll probably have time to do it on the weekend. Thanks again for joining, and in the coming months, I hope to see this space move up on that priority canvas.
If you have any questions, let me know here or via chat/email
RE: Sketch2React - the free design to code framework for Sketch app
@juand4v sounds good Juan! I think pricing is important - check out Indie Hackers, they're always sharing pricing strategies and figuring out how to make projects profitable or at least sustainable.
I'm looking into this myself, and will be making some prototyping plugins and soundpacks.
Maybe my plans for pricing emailOtter may help!
emailOtter is quite a unique product in that it actually let's you customise HTML email templates by turning them into editable modules. You can read more about what it is and why I'm making it here.
Here is my pricing roadmap:
- Free for a few invite only users for beta testing
- First few months (depending on growth), free for early adopters
- After I see it working well, I'll go freemium by make some important features paid: e.g pay to compress images, pay to export HTML, pay for more than 5 active projects etc
- Then I will add monthly plans, or like Sketch, $99 per year
That's just a rough idea, and I haven't charged for a service before so am also still learning. I think it depends on adoption too, it might be best to charge the $99 out right, or offer lifetime membership deals to early adopters like on AppSumo.
I'll be writing about how it goes anyway, I'm optimistic