Update: Imposter Cat 😸
Graeme last edited by Graeme
Here's a bit of process for Imposter Cat using empathy maps, value proposition canvas and feasibility matrix to determine the features I will prototype.
Then I created a pretty rough persona using this personapp tool.
A journey map didn’t help so much here, imposter syndrome doesn’t have a start or finish time. It can be there one minute and gone the next as it’s in the mind. It doesn’t seem to be a specific thing to tackle, but a cause of other pains such as:
- Overload of new practices, or new tools fatigue (feel like you need to learn everything)
- Other people appearing to know more than you
- Not having taken the typical career path
- Not having the certifications, but being able to do the work
- Being younger than people you’re teaching
- Needing to appear as an expert
I had a quick go, but realised the above so stopped as it'd be a waste of the little time I have:
Value Proposition Canvas
Next I found a template and pasted it into Realtimeboard to explore product features in a Value Proposition Canvas (the template and more information is here.
This helped me come up with some ideas, which I mapped out and collected into clusters:
Next, I used the prioritisation matrix to help decide which feature to focus on:
And here's what I'll be prototyping:
Map your career progress and stay motivated to beat imposter syndrome.
- Inspiration/motivational content
- Users can interact with the UI and get different responses (voice or typing)
- A way for people to track their progress